Selling Your House Privately in Minneapolis; A Beginner’s Guide
Are you looking to sell your house in Minneapolis? Whatever your reasons for moving you probably want to do it quickly and keep your costs as low as possible. Selling your home privately can seem like a great way to save money but there are a few things you should be aware of, especially if you are looking for a quick sale or your home needs repairs.
What should I know about selling my house privately?
Selling houses privately can take a long time. Without the contacts and the experience that a real estate agent has it can be difficult to find the right buyers and negotiate a good deal.
If you want to get the best possible price for your home it’s important that it’s in the best possible condition. You may need to make repairs around your home before you can show it and this can be costly and stressful.
How to sell your house privately
If you want to sell your house privately you will need to be organized and set aside at least an hour per day to screen buyers, show your home and keep advertising listings up to date. Here are a few tips to help the process go more smoothly:
- Know what your home is worth. Check the real estate listings online and find out what other similar homes have sold for in your area.
- Keep your home clean at all times in case you need to show it at short notice.
- Find an experienced real estate attorney who can draw up a contract and advise you on the legal aspects of selling a house as is.
- Prepare blank copies of the purchase agreement to give to potential buyers.
- Check whether you need a home inspector as requirements vary between cities.
Selling your home privately may seem like a way to save time and money but it could end up costing you more in the future. If you decide to try to sell privately, it’s a good idea to find a reliable real estate agent to list with in the future in case you don’t find a buyer within a few weeks.