Homestead Road: Accounting Assistant – Minneapolis, MN
Who you’ll be working for:
Recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Privately Owned companies as well as the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s Fast 50 list, Homestead Road presents a great opportunity for career growth and advancement. As an Inc. 2020 Best Places to work, Homestead Road offers a values based, team oriented, customer focused culture where the focus on innovative ideas, creative thinking, constant and never ending improvement and disciplined execution make for a great place to utilize and challenge your unique talents and experience.
What is in it for you:
- You will work for one of the largest and fastest-growing multi-state real estate investors in the U.S.
- You will have opportunities to develop new skills and take on new responsibilities in the role that will grow as the company grows
- You will work in a fun, values-driven, performance-driven culture where we celebrate success as a team while and you will be appreciated for your individual contributions, unique skills and talents
What we need from you:
- Enthusiasm, positive energy, strong ability to collaborate, strong communication skills, flexibility
- A commitment to excellence in service, doing the right thing and being mission driven
- A constant, never ending commitment to improvement, being resourceful, being a champion to getting feedback and creating a positive mental attitude
- Willingness to take 100% responsibility and tell the truth faster along with celebrating wins with us
- Coachability and the willingness to learn and evolve
Are you interested in joining a great team with a growing company where you can contribute daily? We’ve got a great opportunity for an Accounting Assistant who is ready to use their bookkeeping and accounting degree to assist our team in ensuring accurate records and to process transactions. The highly qualified candidate will be very detail oriented, have excellent computer and math skills, as well as the ability to work efficiently and collaborate with the team. See more details below and apply today!
Main Job Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities include:
Accounting Assistant provides support to our Accounting team and performs a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Assist Accountants and other financial professionals with creating and editing financial documents
- Organize the bookkeeping processes of the company
- Process Accounts Payable transactions including paying bills
- Process Cash Receipts transactions including depositing payments
- Enter financial information into our systems to allow for tracking expenses and budget comparisons
- Reconcile financial books including incoming and outgoing funds
- Assist Accountants with basic bookkeeping and accounting tasks as assigned
Education, Qualifications and Experience desired:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associates Degree in Accounting preferred
- 2+ years as an Accounting Assistant or equivalent
- Good computer skills with a knowledge of common bookkeeping and spreadsheet programs
- Strong math skills
- A well-organized individual with strong work ethic is a must
This position offers a full benefits package, including medical, dental, 401K, and paid time off. Must be flexible with availability to maintain proper coverage.
More about Homestead Road:
Experiencing exponential growth having recently opened offices in Milwaukee and Tampa, since 2007 Homestead Road has helped well over 1,000 customers move forward, faster by selling their homes “as is”, avoiding all the hassles and stress normally associated with selling a home using a traditional real estate agent. With a mission focused on providing every customer a “Feel the Joy” experience, the company has built a strong reputation for customer service that is reflected in near 5-star reviews on Google and BBB.org. The company is also a Better Business Bureau Accredited A+ Business and was named as a 2018 finalist for the BBB Torch Award for Ethics.