Who you’ll be working for:
Recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Privately Owned companies as well as the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s Fast 50 list, Homestead Road presents a great opportunity for career growth and advancement. As an Inc. 2020 Best Places to work, Homestead Road offers a values based, team oriented, customer focused culture where the focus on innovative ideas, creative thinking, constant and never ending improvement and disciplined execution make for a great place to utilize and challenge your unique talents and experience.
What is in it for you:
- You will work for one of the largest and fastest-growing multi-state real estate investors in the U.S.
- You will have opportunities to develop new skills and take on new responsibilities in the role that will grow as the company grows
- You will work in a fun, values-driven, performance-driven culture where we celebrate success as a team while and you will be appreciated for your individual contributions, unique skills and talents
What we need from you:
- Enthusiasm, positive energy, strong ability to collaborate, strong communication skills, flexibility
- A commitment to excellence in service, doing the right thing and being mission driven
- A constant, never ending commitment to improvement, being resourceful, being a champion to getting feedback and creating a positive mental attitude
- Willingness to take 100% responsibility and tell the truth faster along with celebrating wins with us
- Coachability and the willingness to learn and evolve
Are you interested in joining a great team with a growing company where you can contribute daily? The growing Accounting Team has a great opportunity for a Staff Accountant.
The highly qualified candidate will be very detail oriented, have excellent computer and math skills, as well as the ability to work efficiently and collaborate with the team. This person will prepare and maintain financial records to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
Main Job Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties for the organization.
- Prepares monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Files tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software systems; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
- Manages the purchasing and invoicing system.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Qualifications and Experience desired:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field, required.
- At least three years of related experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to correctly prepare tax reports.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, and accounting software.
- This position offers a full benefits package, including medical, dental, 401K, and paid time off. Must be flexible with availability to maintain proper coverage.
More about Homestead Road:
Experiencing exponential growth having recently opened offices in Milwaukee and Tampa, since 2007 Homestead Road has helped well over 1,000 customers move forward, faster by selling their homes “as is”, avoiding all the hassles and stress normally associated with selling a home using a traditional real estate agent. With a mission focused on providing every customer a “Feel the Joy” experience, the company has built a strong reputation for customer service that is reflected in near 5-star reviews on Google and BBB.org. The company is also a Better Business Bureau Accredited A+ Business and was named as a 2018 finalist for the BBB Torch Award for Ethics.