Homestead Road: Chief Financial Officer – Minneapolis, MN
Who you’ll be working for:
Recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Privately Owned companies as well as the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s Fast 50 list, Homestead Road presents a great opportunity for career growth and advancement. As an Inc. 2020 Best Places to work, Homestead Road offers a values based, team oriented, customer-focused culture where the focus on innovative ideas, creative thinking, constant and never-ending improvement and disciplined execution make for a great place to utilize and challenge your unique talents and experience.
What is in it for you:
- You will work for one of the largest and fastest-growing multi-state real estate investors in the U.S.
- You will have opportunities to develop new skills and take on new responsibilities in the role that will grow as the company grows
- You will work in a fun atmosphere that is led by its values and enjoy a performance-driven culture where we celebrate success as a team; meanwhile you will be appreciated for your individual contributions, unique skills and talents
What we need from you:
- Enthusiasm, positive energy, strong ability to collaborate, strong communication skills, flexibility
- A commitment to excellence in service, doing the right thing and being mission driven
- A constant, never ending commitment to improvement, being resourceful, being a champion to getting feedback and creating a positive mental attitude
- Willingness to take 100% responsibility and tell the truth faster along with celebrating wins with us
- Coachability and the willingness to learn and evolve
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for overseeing all financial operations of Homestead Road and our multiple entities. The incumbent partners with the Chief Executive Officer and the Leadership team to develop strategic plans for growth and overall financial health of the Company and develops best practices for its financial goals.
Main Job Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Ultimate responsibility for all financial operations.
- Oversee budgeting, forecasting, and accounting activities in accordance with GAAP.
- Review monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and supporting documentation to ensure the accuracy of reports, maintain internal controls and ensure timely filing of regulatory documents.
- Analyze and report on financial and operational KPIs and make recommendations to CEO, Senior Leadership Team and Board of Directors to improve business operations and outcomes.
- Oversee budget process, including annual business planning. Create and establish annual financial objectives that align with the company’s growth plans.
- Provide leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team.
- Responsible for overseeing financial audits, firm valuations, timely filing of all tax documents, and all external reporting as appropriate now and in the future (Internal Revenue Service, multi-state Department of Revenue, Securities & Exchange Commission, etc.).
- Work closely with the Director of Capital Markets to evaluate, control, and modify the organization’s capital structure including cash, investments, and asset management to enhance financial objectives.
- Oversee the AR, AP and Credit & Collections processes.
- Prepare models providing forward-looking insight into the organization’s plans and budgets.
- Develop, manage and improve internal controls, financial reporting tools and metrics to provide insight into revenue and operating expense trends, project spending and potential risks.
- Serve as a strategic business partner to the CEO and Senior Leadership team, particularly related to the selection, assessment, recruiting, and integration of strategic acquisitions.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s fiscal function and performance. Take a lead role in bringing operational excellence to the team and the company.
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate financial insights, analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to support the President, the Board and other senior executives to make the best financial and commercial decisions in line with company strategy.
- Use financial information to constructively challenge business activity – either to increase profitability, improve efficiency, or increase shareholder value.
- Ensures reliability and integrity of financial reporting.
- Interacts effectively with other parts of the company; establishes a culture of accountability in managing the business; wins trust within the Company community.
- Effectively scale the finance operation for this fast-growing enterprise, managing the various changes in the needs of the stakeholders.
Education, Qualifications and Experience desired:
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA designation and five years of public accounting experience
- 10+ years of experience in a CFO role
- Real Estate Industry expertise a plus
- Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft Office products and Dynamics AX
More about Homestead Road:
Experiencing exponential growth having recently opened offices in Milwaukee and Tampa, since 2007 Homestead Road has helped well over 1,000 customers move forward, faster by selling their homes “as is”, avoiding all the hassles and stress normally associated with selling a home using a traditional real estate agent. With a mission focused on providing every customer a “Feel the Joy” experience, the company has built a strong reputation for customer service that is reflected in near 5-star reviews on Google and BBB.org. The company is also a Better Business Bureau Accredited A+ Business and was named as a 2018 finalist for the BBB Torch Award for Ethics.